Add Clients and Projects
- Getting started is easy. Every time item is tracked by client, project and component. Clients can be edited with Administrator rights only.
- You can add a new client by clicking on the "plus icon". Just type in the client's name. You can also allocate an individual client number by editing the client number form field. Alternatively cronsync will automatically assign consecutive numbers to every new client you create.
- Projects and components can be edited with Administrator as well as Account Manager rights.
- Click on the "plus icon" to add a new project. You can edit a project name and give it a project number.
- Click on the "plus icon" to create a new component for this project. cronsync assignes the budget on component level. First, you can define the VAT rate. The VAT rates in the drop down menu can be edited by the Administrator in the section Preferences. Secondly you can differenciate between a flat fee, in case you have agreed this with your client, or payment on a time and material basis. Just uncheck the T&M basis box to fill in the agreed budget. All component budgets are summarised on project budget level.
- Select a task or add a task and press "enter".
- You can change the time unit. Click on the minute or hour button and the format changes accordingly. In your Preferences you can select a default time format.
- Filling in the time is easy. For example, if you have worked on a task for an hour and a half, simply enter 1.5 or 1,5 or use your mouse to scroll down to 1.5 hours.
- The date field shows you the today's date as a default setting. If you would like to change the date, just click the date and fill in another date.
- Select a job from the drop-down menu. You can define a default type of job in Preferences. Your Administrator can add a new job and allocate the respecitve hourly rate.
- In case you would like to specify the job further, you can add a comment.
- Then confirm by clicking on "Log time".
- For standard tasks, the Administrator can provide you with preset tasks which you can pick from the task template list below.
- The "Last booking" box grants you a quick access to your last five bookings. If you would like to have more than five bookings listed, you can easily change the number of bookings displayed in Preferences.
Task template list
- For standard tasks the Administrator can provide you with preset tasks you can pick from the task template list below.
- The "Last booking" box gives you quick access to your last five bookings. If you would like to have more than five bookings listed, you can easily change the number of bookings displayed in Preferences.
- Use the filter to define what you would like to have listed in the time sheet box. The time sheet box allows you to sort the list by date, user, task, job, comment or hours.
- You can edit and delete each booking by clicking on the "pencil icon" or "delete icon".
- Administrators and Account Managers can see all hours booked, staff can only see their own hours.
- Below you can see the sum of your hours booked as well as the total sum of all hours booked on the job.
- If you would like to export the list of hours, you have the choice between csv or xml format. Just click on the respective icon.
- Click the "toggle columns icon" to show or hide certain information.